This ban will affect traditional carols such as Away in a Manger, Silent Night, O Come All Ye Faithful and We Three Kings."1
The draconian decree from the Andrew's state government in Victoria, Australia orders principals and teachers to: “ensure that children are not taught to sing carols such as Silent Night, Away in a Manger or We Three Kings during school carols or pageants, as these welcome the birth of Jesus Christ.” 2
To most this may seem a trivial matter and one that does not seem to affect them because they have no interest in Christianity. Maybe they are even starting to be impacted by the mob like growth in the anti-Christian climate being stirred up by the same-sex marriage movement and are starting to join in the discrimination against Christians. However, any leader in a supposedly free country who acts like a dictator in a communist totalitarian state needs to be taken very seriously by every freedom loving citizen.
It may well just be some Christian carols this time, but a leader who decrees what music citizens and their children can and cannot listen to is not likely to stop at that.
If it is music now, what will be next? Will Daniel Andrews decree what books we can and cannot read? The first will no doubt be the Bible, because just like the carols he wants to ban, the Bible too "welcomes the birth of Jesus Christ." Will he then seek to impose what Christian ministers can and cannot say in the pulpits at church? What journalists can and cannot write about? What citizens can and cannot talk about in public? Maybe then what his political opponents can and cannot say about him?
This is a warning sign, which, when added to his other pogrom acts in 2015 of banning Christian religious education in schools and replacing them with classes which promote homosexual sex acts, restricting citizens rights to gather and protest, the legalization of the adoption of children by homosexuals (including homosexual pedophiles), and his attempts to try to force Christian schools to employ potentially anti-Christian teachers and staff, require a Eureka Stockade type response from the people of Victoria before he removes our freedom to protest all together!
So while you still can why not:
- Sign the petition to voice your serious concern at this authoritarian imposition of a draconian attack on our "young and free" society.
- Send Daniel Andrews a YouTube link to the three carols Silent Night, Away in a Manger or We Three Kings and a link to his sovereign Queen Elizabeth's Christmas message which she concludes with a choir singing "Away in a Manger."
- Make sure you play these specific carols at your public functions, school concerts and at Christmas every year.
- Suggest to principals and teachers at government schools that they play them at school during the year as part of a lesson in how best to respond to authoritarian anti-God dictates from out of control political leaders trying to take away our freedoms.
- For principals and teachers who have some courage why not use the biggest selling book in human history, last years best seller, as a class book for one of your classes, teaching genres, history, poetry, music writing etc.. "Which book?" is that you ask, "The Bible" of course. 3
3- According to Guinness World Records, the Bible is the best-selling book of all time with over 5 billion copies sold and distributed.